Saturday, November 9, 2013

Tutorial ~ FTU ~ I'll Try Being Nicer (Forum Style)




Supplies Needed

Tube of your choice

I am using PinUpToons Individual Tube 168-2.  You must have a license to use his artwork.  Please visit CDO for more information.

Plugins

MuRa's Meister ~ Copies

Word Art of choice

I am using FTU Word Art DD_WA_0002 by me

Font I am using on my name is DrumagStudioNF

I am using PSP 9 but am sure you could adjust and use with any version.

Let's get started

Open up your tube image and word art.  Shift D on each to duplicate and close out your originals.

Choose, from your tube, a light color as your foreground and a dark color as your background.

Open a new image 600 x 200.  Flood fill with your light color.  Adjust, Add Noise, Uniform, 31%, Monochrome.

Layers, new raster layer, flood fill with your dark color, selections, select all, selections, modify, contract by 3, Ok, selections, invert, hit delete key.

Copy and paste your tube as a new layer.  I resized mine to 68%.  Resize yours to your liking.  Position to the left side of your tag.  Layers, duplicate.  Go back to your original tube layer and make it active.  Effects, Plugins, MuRa's Meister, Copies with these settings (the first number I have is set to 13 but I noticed that if I move that number around then back to 13 it doesn't give me the same effect.  Play around with the first number till you like the effect).


Staying on this layer Image, Mirror.  Change your blend mode to Luminance, change your opacity to 31%.

Bring up your word art, delete credits layer.  Now depending on the colors you chose you can choose to keep this just like it is with the black text.  All you would do is layers, merge, merge visible, copy and paste, resize and position, then add a drop shadow if you like.

If you have chosen to change the colors on the word art to match your tag then you can use the following steps.  These are just the steps I take when changing colors in word art.

Choose the NICER layer, selections, select all, float, defloat.  Open a new image 600 x 250 and flood fill with your foreground (lighter) color.  Copy and paste this over the NICER text, selections, invert, hit delete.  Delete the original NICER layer.

Repeat these steps for SMARTER layer.  You can also repeat the steps for the WORD ART layer.  I chose to make that layer white since I had a black background and my other 2 words a light color from my tube.

Layers, merge, merge visible, copy and paste onto your tag, resize, position.

Add your copyright and license information.

Layers, merge all, flatten.  Add your name.  For this step I chose my light color for my foreground, null for my background, DrumagStudioNF font, size 30, stroke 1, type out your name, ok, position, layers, convert to raster layer.  I took it one step further and added a Gradient Glow to mine.  If you do not have this plugin you can choose to add a drop shadow in white.

Save your tag as a JPEG.

Please feel free to send me your results so that I can post them here

Here is another tag using a different tube and colors.


And here is an animated one.  Just switched around colors and put my image on the other side.  Smoke animation by Scrappy Bit of Fun.


My friend Susan made 2 versions of the tag.  One is animated and the other isn't.  I love the colors and tube she chose!



Magda also sent me her stunning results....WARNING adult content below.  This is not for younger ones so please shoo them away before you scroll down.








Here is Dottie's version of the tag....splendid!


Dottie did this tutorial again yet used my other word art!


And one more fantastic result by Dottie!


A fab result from Terisa!  I LOVE PUT and so this is a fav of mine.

 
Monique gave this one a try and here are her fab results!


No comments: