Thursday, August 25, 2022

Tutorial ~ All Boxed In

 


Supplies Needed

Two tubes of choice from the SAME* artist

I am using the cute artwork of Maryline Cazenave.  You must have a license to use this artwork.  Please visit CDO for more information.  

*It is against most artists TOU to mix artwork from two different creators/artists.*

Two frame/box type masks

I am using 34MaskkelsWWA and 06MaskkelsWWA.  I can not, at this time, find the creator and/or their site to link to.  If you know please send me an email and I will gladly give credit and a link.  For now I have uploaded for you to use.  This is uploaded to my 4Shared account.  You will need to have or sign up for a free account to access.  Sorry, not my rules.

Mask Supplies

Place both masks into the appropriate folder for your PSP or you can open them in PSP.   For the purposes of this tutorial I will assume you have placed them in a folder in PSP.

Font of choice

I am using Gabriel Weiss' Friends.  This is a free to use font.

Outside filter

I am using Eye Candy 4000 - Gradient Glow

I am using PSP 9 for this tutorial but am pretty sure you could use any version.

Ok, let's get started.

Open a new image 550x550

Flood fill with a color from one of your tubes

Adjust, add or remove noise, add noise, Uniform, 34, monochrome unchecked

Layers, load/save mask, load mask from disk, locate 06MaskkelsWWA, source luminance, fit to canvas, invert transparency, hide all mask, load

Layers, merge, merge group

Effects, Eye Candy 4000, Gradient Glow, under Basic tab glow width 3.00, soft corners 25, overall opacity 100, under Color tab, Color first large square make it white (#ffffff), OK.  Repeat this 2 more times

Effects, 3D effects, Drop Shadow, 2, 5, 50, 8.00, color black, shadow on new layer unchecked

Rename this layer Top Mask

Layers, new raster layer, name this layer Bottom Mask and move it under Top Mask layer, flood fill with a different color from your tube

Layers, load/save mask, locate 34MaskkelsWWA, source luminance, fit to canvas, invert transparency, hide all mask, load

Layers, merge, merge group

Apply same Gradient Glow 3x, apply same drop shadow

Choose your first tube, copy, paste as a new layer.  It should be between your two masks.  Adjust size if needed and move to where you like it.

Selections, select all, Image, crop to selection.  Apply the Gradient Glow 3x and the same drop shadow 1x.

Copy and paste your second tube.  Adjust size and placement, move under first tube layer if you like.  Selections, select all, Image, crop to selection.  Apply the same Gradient Glow 3x and the same drop shadow 1x.

Layers, merge, merge visible

Image, canvas size, 700x700, center placement

Apply same Gradient Glow 3x and the same drop shadow 1x

You can choose to move your image to offset it a bit or keep it centered.  I moved mine a little toward the bottom left of my canvas.

Choose your text tool and your choice of font and size.  Type out your text and place at the top of your image making sure it fits from edge to edge.  Layers, convert to raster layer.  Apply the same Gradient Glow 3x and the same drop shadow 1x.

Choose your text tool again, under the Direction tab (located between Create as: and Font: tabs) choose the second one, type out your second part of text, making sure the text is highlighted in the text box go over to the Kearning and click the bottom arrow to adjust the gap between your letters.  It will be a negative number such as -300.  You may need to adjust your font size.  When you are happy click OK.

Layers, convert to raster layer, apply same Gradient Glow 3x and the same drop shadow 1x

Add your credits for the artist and license information.

Choose your text tool, change your direction back to the far left choice, Kearning at 0.  Type out your name, layers, convert to raster layer and once again apply Gradient Glow 3x and drop shadow 1x.  Place where you like it.

Layers, merge, merge visible

Right click at the top of your canvas, copy and then paste as a new image, this will crop away the excess canvas.  Resize if needed.

Save as a PNG

Here is one I did using Cuddly Rigor Mortis available at CDO and with this one I used 4 tubes and flipped the bottom mask layer.

Here is another I did with the artwork of Jeff Haynie also available at CDO

And here is one more I did using the artwork of Hannah Lynn also available at CDO

And one more I did with Howard Robinson available at CDO, but this time I used a different mask in the background and kept the colors the same for top and bottom mask as well as only using 1 tube.


There is also a wallpaper I made from this one, just click on it then right click to save to your PC


If you enjoyed this tutorial or have a question feel free to leave a comment or email me.  I would love to see your results and share them on my blog.  You can send them to me at dianadcreations@gmail.com

Here is my friend Bev's adorable tags



My friend Bon tried it out and here is her beary cute tag and an adorable puppy tag
Bev tried this one again and changed it up a bit with the top mask!  Awesome results!

I love what Belinda did with her choices and now I have my first new Christmas tag of the season!

No comments: