Sunday, December 16, 2012

Tutorial ~ PTU ~ EC Under The Mistletoe

 Supplies Needed

Fantastic PTU kit called A Cream Colored Christmas by Country Princess 
This kit is on $1 and has lots of fun goodies to use in projects

Template is a CDO Exclusive Freebie found here and was created by Dee

Artwork by Elias Chatzoudis

Font used is Isildur High

I am using version PSP 9 ~ No outside filters used
Remember that this is your own creation ~ You can change around papers and elements as you like ~ My tutorial is for use as inspiration so have fun!
I use the same instructions throughout tutorial so I will make it easier to follow by abbreviating
CP ~ Copy and Paste
SSAFD ~ Selections, Select All, Float, Defloat 
SID ~ Selections, Invert, Delete
SSN ~ Selections, Select None
Let's get creative!
Open your template, I am using the .pspimage version ~ Shift D and close out your original

Delete Raster 1 (background) layer and INFO layer

For this project you will be using papers 9, 13, 14, 15 and 16

tan square layer ~ SSAFD ~ CP paper 14 ~ SID ~ SSN ~ Delete tan square layer

white oval layer (not the DS layer) ~ SSAFD ~ CP paper 16 ~ SID ~ SSN ~ Delete white oval layer
red circle layer ~ SSAFD ~ CP paper 13 ~ SID ~ SSN ~ Delete red circle layer
white circle layer ~ SSAFD ~ CP paper 9 ~ SID ~ SSN ~ Delete white circle layer
green strip layer ~ Layers ~ Arrange ~ Move Up
green square layer ~ SSAFD ~ CP paper 15 ~ SID ~ SSN ~ Delete green square layer
green strip layer ~ SSAFD ~ CP paper 14 ~ SID ~ SSN ~ Delete green strip layer
dotted square layer ~ SSAFD ~ CP paper 9 ~ SID ~ SSN ~ Delete dotted square layer
small white squares layer ~ SSAFD ~ CP paper 9 ~ SID ~ SSN ~ Delete small white squares layer
wordart black layer ~ SSAFD ~ CP paper 9 ~ SID ~ SSN ~ Delete wordart black layer

Top layer active ~ Layers ~ Merge down and merge down again ~ Your word art is now one layer and you can position where you like

On your mistletoe layer ~ CP your tube ~ Position

This is where your creativity comes in!

I used the gift elements 90 & 91 as well as 112, 113, 114 & 115 in my project and resized them differently then positioned them behind the wordart but in front of my tube ~ Use my tag as guide

Choose any other elements you like ~ Resize as needed ~ Position

I did not use any drop shadows except the ones that were in the template already

Layers ~ Merge ~ Merge Visible

Resize tag to your liking ~ I resized my tag to 68% ~ Adjust ~ Sharpness ~ Sharpen if needed

Add your license and credit layer

Merge Visible

Image ~ Canvas Size ~ 476 (or your width if different than mine) by 550

This gives you a little more room to place your text at the bottom

Add text ~ I used Isildur High font ~ White 2 pixel foreground ~ #712d20 background ~ Size 72 ~ Kearning at -100

Position text ~ Layers Merge Visible

Save as PNG

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial ~ I always love seeing your creations so feel free to send me your tag and I will post it here to show it off ~

dianadcreations@gmail.com

My friend Dottie's version.  She did an awesome job!




2 comments:

Glitz n Glam said...

Hi Diana,

I can't seem to find the template that you used in this tutorial. Can you send me a direct link on CDO so I can get it?

Thank you,
Rhonda

DianaD said...

Hi Rhonda, click the link and scroll down to the bottom of the page. There is a link to download these there.