Sunday, December 16, 2012

Tutorial ~ FTU ~ Blue Kitty Christmas

Supplies Needed

A wonderful FTU kit by Candy's Sweet Shop called Blue Kitty Christmas
(Note about kit ::  This kit is in .psd format.  I created separate JPEGs for all the .psd images so that I could see them.  My particular viewer doesn't see .psd files.  Or you can just open them all up in PSP to view)

Font of your choice ~ I used Bisque

I am using PSP 9 with no outside filters

Remember that this is your own creation ~ You can change around papers and elements as you like ~ My tutorials are for use as inspiration and maybe to learn something new so have fun!

Let's get creative!

Open a new image 650 x 250

Open Image 19 ~ Flood fill your image

Selections ~ Select All ~ Float ~ Defloat ~ Selections ~ Modify ~ Select Selection Borders ~ Both Sides ~ Anti Alias checked ~ Border width 5 ~ New Raster Layer

Open paper P1 ~ Flood Fill border

Effects ~ 3D Effects ~ Drop Shadow
2, 2, 25, 3

Effects ~ 3D Effects ~ Drop Shadow
-2, -2, 25, 3

Open P1 and P2 ~ Make P2 your foreground and P1 your background

Rectangle Tool ~ Create on Vector checked ~ Line style solid ~ Width 3 ~ Anti Alias checked

Make your Raster 1 layer active ~ Draw a rectangle from side to side about 3/4 of the way down your tag using my tag as a guide ~ Try to make it go just under your border

Effects ~ 3D Effects ~ Drop Shadow
2, 2, 25, 3

Effects ~ 3D Effects ~ Drop Shadow
-2, -2, 25, 3

Open Image 10 ~ Resize to 68% ~ Copy and Paste to canvas ~ Position

Image ~ Canvas Size ~ 900 x 500 ~ Center button

Open Image 17 ~ Copy, Paste and position ~ Add drop shadow -2, -2, 25, 3

Open Image 18 ~ Copy, Paste and position ~ Add drop shadow -2, -2, 25, 3

Open Image 14 ~ Resize 68% ~ Copy, Paste and position ~ Using your Raster Deform Tool angle slightly using my tag as a guide ~ Add same drop shadow

Open Image 7 ~ Resize 68% ~ Copy and Paste ~ Layers ~ Arrange ~ Send to Bottom ~ Position using my tag as a guide ~ Add same drop shadow

Make your rectangle layer active ~ Text Tool ~ Choose your font, size and color

I chose the font Bisque ~ size 24 ~ color #162e44 in your background

Type out your name several times till it fills the area ~ I put about 3 spaces in between each name then hit my space bar till I like the position of the name

Add your credits or licensing information if needed

Layers ~ Merge ~ Merge Visible

Copy and Paste your tag as a New Image to get rid of the excess canvas

Resize to your liking ~ I resized to 88% ~ Adjust ~ Sharpness ~ Sharpen if needed

Save as a PNG

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial
Please feel free to send me your creation so that I can post it here to show off

dianadcreations@gmail.com

Here is Dotties try



1 comment:

Cookie said...

This is what I came with.

[IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/rochymauricio/Tags/Firmas1/Pressies/tutpeaches.png[/IMG]