Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Tutorial ~ FTU ~ In Living Colour (Forum)


Supplies Needed

Tube of your choice.  I am using PinUp Toons Individual Tube 25-2.  You must have a license to use this artwork.  Please visit CDO for more information.

I am using Texture 66 by Artpluslove at deviantART.  There are many lovely textures there to choose from.

I am using Wordart 12 by Josbits2.

Font used for name is Colors of Autumn found at 1001 Free Fonts.

PSP 9 but I am pretty sure any version will do for this tutorial.  No outside filters.

Make sure that once you open your supplies you Shift D to duplicate then close out your originals before continuing.

Let's get started

Open a new image 500 x 200

Copy and paste your texture.  Lower opacity to 68.  Move around to your liking.

(My tube came with two sizes.  I am using the smaller for the right side and the close up for the left side.  Please adjust your sizes as needed if you are not using the same tube.  I will carry on assuming you are using the same image)

Copy and paste the smaller tube and move to the far right of your tag.  Add drop shadow 3, 3, 50, 5 black.

Copy and paste your larger tube, Image, Mirror, move to the far left of your tag.  Apply same drop shadow.

Copy and paste your word art.  I resized mine to 68%, resize all layers unchecked.  Position.

Layers, Merge, Merge Visible.

Selections, Select All, Selections, Modify, Select Selection Borders, 2, Both Sides, Anti Alias checked.

Layers, New Raster Layer, Flood Fill with color from your tube.  I am using #be1629.  Selections, Select None, Drop Shadow then Drop Shadow again but change first two numbers to -3.

Add your copyright and licensing information as needed.  Layers, Merge, Merge Visible.  Colors of Autumn font, size 18, black, Kerning at 125.  Type out your name.

Save as a PNG so that the background is see thru.

Here is another using different supplies.  Using a blue background but as you can see it is see thru so it looks brownish blue.


My friend Dottie tried it out and here are her pretty results


Here is Lou Ann's beautiful result


I LOVE what Maren did with this tut!




3 comments:

Active_Mom11 said...

hey love your tut just got back into psp after a almost 3 year absence please enjoy the tag

Active_Mom11 said...

how do i send you the tag?

DianaD said...

I'm so sorry it took this long to respond. It doesn't send me a notification that there was a comment. You can email it to me at dianadcreations@gmail.com