Friday, September 13, 2013

Tutorial ~ PTU ~ Fall Harvest (Forum Style)



Supplies Needed

I am using the fabulous PTU kit Scrapwddesignz_IB-PinUpToons-91-3 by Melissa aka WDDesignz.

I am using Rion Vernon's PinUpToons Individual Tube 163-1
You need a license to use.  Please visit CDO to purchase a license and artwork.

Font I used is Zipper

 I am using PSP 9 but I am sure it will translate into other versions

No outside filters used

This is your own creation.  My steps are only what I used to create my tag.  Feel free to change up the colors, elements and tube.  This is my own creation and any resemblance to any other tutorial is coincidental. 

~Lets get creative!~

Open a new image 600x250

Choose paper 2 from your kit

Copy & Paste as a new layer ~ Selections ~ Select All ~ Image ~ Crop to Selection

Selections ~ Select All ~ Layers ~ New Raster Layer ~ Selections ~ Modify ~ Contract by 4 ~ Copy and Paster paper 5 ~ Hit delete button

Layer 4 active ~ Selections ~ Select All ~ Image ~ Crop to Selection ~ Effects ~ 3D Effects ~ Drop Shadow ~ -1, -1, 50, 4 ~ Drop Shadow ~ Change to 1,1, 50, 4

Layer 2 active ~ Copy and Paste element 5 ~ Position to your liking ~ Add same drop shadow ~ Selections ~ Select All ~ Image ~ Crop to Selection

Image ~ Canvas Size ~ 800x600 ~ Center Arrow

Copy and paste your tube ~ Layers arrange ~ Bring to top ~ Resize to 88% all layers unchecked ~ Add same drop shadow ~ Position to the right of your tag

Layer 3 active ~ Rectangle tool ~ Line style Solid ~ Width 4 ~ Forground paper 5 ~ Background paper 2 ~ Starting at the left side edge of your tag right under your border draw out a long rectangle to the other side ~ See my tag for example on height

Add same drop shadow ~ Ctrl Y to duplicate drop shadow ~ Drop shadow but change first numbers to -1, -1, Ctrl Y to duplicate drop shadow again

Make your top layer active ~ Copy and paste element 20 ~ Resize to 27% ~ Position to the left bottom corner ~ Layer duplicate ~ Image Mirror ~ Resize 88% and position next to other apple ~ Layers Merge ~ Merge down ~ Layer Duplicate ~ Resize 68% ~ Image Mirror and position like my tag ~ Add drop shadows to both

Copy and Paste element 11 ~ Resize 31% ~ Postion beneath apples ~ Layers Duplicate ~ Image mirror and position like my tag beneath your tube ~ Add drop shadow to both

Copy and Paste element 9 ~ Resize 27% ~ Position like my tag ~ Add drop shadow

Copy and Paste element 3 ~ Resize 41% ~ Layers arrange send to bottom ~ Postion like my tag ~ Layers Duplicate ~ Image Mirror ~ Add drop shadow to both

Top layer active ~ Open element 21 ~ Copy and Paste ~ Resize to 13% ~ Position and add drop shadow ~ Open element 18 ~ Copy and Paste ~ Resize to 9% ~ Position ~ Duplicate this layer ~ Mirror and position to liking ~ Add drop shadow to both

Back to your Recangle layer ~ Text Tool ~ Zipper size 36 ~ Stroke at 1 ~ I chose #f1e2cd for my foreground and paper 5 for my background ~ Type out your name skip a space then type again ~ Repeat name like this till you fill the line without going over either side ~ Position ~ Add drop shadow ~ Ctrl Y to repeat drop shadow

Layers Merge ~ Merge Visible ~ Edit ~ Copy ~ Paste as a New Image to get rid of excess background ~ Resize 88% all layers ~ Adjust ~ Sharpness ~ Sharpen

Add your copyright, licensing or any other credits needed

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!  Please send me your creations at dianadcreations@gmail.com and I will be happy to show it off here!

Here is what my friend Dottie created!


No comments: