Sunday, August 18, 2013

Tutorial ~ FTU ~ Cloned Forum Style (Forum Style)



Supplies needed

5 different tubes by the same artist.   

I am using the PTU artwork by Rion Vernon PinUp Toons.  You will need a license to use his artwork.  To purchase please visit CDO.

Filter ::  Tramages Tow the Line

Fonts ::  I am using Impact for PINUP & my name.  Lamplighter Script for the TOONS

I am using PSP 9 but I believe you can use any version for this tutorial

 Remember that this is your own creation ~ My tutorial is for use as inspiration so have fun!

Let's get creative!
Open a new transparent image 600x250
Choose 5 tubes from the same artist
Choose the Impact font at size 150.  Anti-Alias on Smooth.  No outline.  Choose a color to compliment your tubes.  I am using #5f7a84.
Type out the word PINUP all in capital letters.
Objects ~ Align ~ Center in Canvas
Layers ~ Convert to Raster Layer
Selections ~ Select All ~ Selections ~ Float
Choose your Clone tool with these settings ~ Click Image below to see settings



Choose your first tube you would like in the letter P ~ Take your clone brush and right click on the face just once ~ Go back to your selected text and left click holding down on your mouse while you fill in the letter by going up/down & back and forth till the image fills in the area nicely.  Now you can choose to continue cloning in to where it goes over into the letter next to it and give it an overlapped look or you can choose to just fill in the one letter.

Continue to do this for each letter and each tube till all your letters are filled in and you are happy with how it looks

Selections ~ Select None

Effects ~ 3d Effects ~ Inner Bevel with these settings ~ I used the color #eddecd

Effects ~ 3D Effects ~ Drop Shadow 2, 2, 25, 3, black

Choose your bottom layer ~ Flood Fill with the same color as your text or choose another color from one of your tubes ~ I chose #f9a297

Effects ~ Tramages ~ Tow The Line with these settings
Stay on this layer ~ Now to add your border


Selections ~ Select All ~ Layers ~ New Raster Layer ~ Flood Fill with white (or any color you like) ~ Selections ~ Modify ~ Contract by 2 ~ OK ~ Hit the delete key ~ Selections ~ Select None ~ Effects ~ Tramages ~ Tow The Line same settings ~ Image ~ Mirror

Top layer active ~ Choose your Lamplighter font ~ Size 72 ~ Stroke at 2 ~ I am using white as my foreground and #5f7a84 for my background

Type out the word TOONS in all capitals ~ Position as in my tag ~ Lower the opacity to 68%
Add your copyright and licensing information

Layers ~ Merge All ~ Flatten
Type out your name ~ I used the Impact font at 48 with the same colors/settings as my TOONS text ~ Effects ~ 3D Effects ~ Same as before ~ Effects 3D Effects but now change the first two numbers to -2
Save as a JPEG
Here is another version with different tubes and colors
 I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial

What my friend Dottie came up with.  She is using the artwork of Ellie Milk.  You will need a license to use her artwork and can purchase her tubes and a license at PicsForDesign 


Here is what my friend LA did with her try at the tutorial.  She also used Rion Vernon PUT artwork.  Please visit her blog here.


Here is Pamela's try at the tutorial...what a great interpretation!
  
And one more by Magda

No comments: