Sunday, May 19, 2013

Tutorial ~ FTU ~ SW Hands and Heart Tag


Supplies Needed

I am using the fantastic FREE scrapkit OJCrush by Wicked Princess
Please visit her blog and find where she has hidden this wonderful freebie by doing a search.

Tube of choice

 I am using the PTU artwork by Suzanne Woolcott.  You must have a license to use her work.
Please visit her site at www.gorjussArt.com to get a free license and to purchase her tubes.

My Orange Hibiscus Butterfly Frame can be found here

You may use any scrapkit and artwork you like.  These are the steps no matter which you decide to use.

Open the frame.  Shift D to duplicate and close out original.

Choose a paper you like for your background.  Copy and paste as a new layer and send to the bottom.

I am using PP1 from the OJCrush kit.  I resized it to about 82% to cut down on the erasing.

Take your eraser tool (I chose the circle shape at 71 size) and erase all around the outside of the frame being careful not to erase inside the frame area.  Make sure you get the middle of the frame too.  I try to do the erasing in small sections just in case I goof and have to undo, I don't have to start over from the beginning.

It's ok if you goof, just hit the UNDO button.

To add tubes stay on your bottom paper layer, selections, select all, float, defloat, copy your tube, paste as a new layer, position in one of the frames, selections, invert, delete.  This should remove any overhang around the frame but you still may need to use your eraser tool if the tube is hanging over into another frame (make sure you are on that tubes layer).  Repeat these steps for the other two frames.  Make sure that you are on the paper layer for each new tube you add.

Add some text or fun word art.

Resize your tag to about 68% to make it user friendly in mail.

Add your license and any copyright info.

Merge all visible.

Add your name.

Save as a PNG for a transparent background.

Feel free to send me your finished tag at dianadcreations@gmail.com

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.

My friend Susan tried the tutorial and these are her pretty results!




No comments: