Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I Break the Rulez Tag Tutorial (PTU)

 
Supplies Needed

PTU Scrap Kit I am using is Punk It by Daniela K

FTU Template I am using is #62 by AquaRebel and can be found here

FTU Artwork I am using is by Electronic Rainbow

Font used for name is Happy size 48 using the pink and purple from the kit colors with a 1 Stroke Width 

I am using version PSP 9 ~ No outside filters used
Remember that this is your own creation ~ You can change around papers and elements as you like ~ My tutorial is for use as inspiration so have fun!  The instructions look daunting I know but most of it is repetitive of copy and paste so just give it a try.
Let's get creative!
Open your template and Shift D.  Close out original
X out layers 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 & 21 ~ These are the credits, arrow layers, squares and background layer ~ Delete these layers
You should have only 7 layers now
Make the Rectangle layer active and bring opacity back up to 100%
Open papers 3 and 7
Make Black Shape layer active
Copy and paste your tube ~ position (use my tag as a guide)

Rectangle layer grab and drag beneath tube layer

Make Black Shape active again ~ Selections, Select All, Float, Defloat
Copy and paste paper 3 ~ Selections, Invert, Delete
Delete Black Shape layer
Make Glitter Shape layer active ~ Selections, Select All, Float, Defloat
Copy and paste paper 3 ~ Selections, Invert, Delete
Delete Glitter Shape layer
Rectangle layer ~ Selections, Select All, Float, Defloat
Copy and paste paper 7 ~ Selections, Invert, Delete
Delete Rectangle layer
Glitter Backing layer ~ Selections, Select All, Float, Defloat
Copy and paste paper 7 ~ Selections, Invert, Delete
Delete Glitter Backing layer

Wordart layer active ~ Layers Merge, Merge Down ~ Position as in my tag

Open Elements 11, 38, 49, 51, 54, 56, 57 & 58
Rectangle layer active ~ Copy and paste #38
Resizing Elements
#11 to 68% ~ #49 to 88% ~ #51 to 68% ~ #54 to 41% ~ #56 to 68% ~ #57 to 68% ~ #58 to 23%
Copy and paste then position all elements as you like.  I mirrored the skull.  I also used the Raster Deform tool to rotate some elements like the safety pin and lips.

The drop shadow I used on all is -3, -3, 25, 3 Black

Layers ~ Merge Visible

Resize tag to your liking ~ I resized to 88%

Place credits and licensing needed for your artwork

Layers ~ Merge Visible

Type out your text as you like it

Layers ~ Convert to Raster Layer

Add your drop shadow to text ~ Positon

Layers ~ Merge Visible

Save as a PNG

I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and like your new tag.  I would love to see your tag and will post to my blog to show it off so feel free to share it with me at dianadcreations@gmail.com

Your comments are always appreciated.

Tag made for me by Dottie...thanks for trying the tutorial!  If anyone else tries one of the tuts and would like their tag showcased feel free to send it to me.
 

No comments: